Knowledge, Character, Relationships
Mātauranga, Āhuatanga, Whanaungatanga
Quality collaborative teaching and learning equity and excellence for all.
Aoraki (Yr 7/8)
‘Whāīa te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei’
Aim for the highest cloud so that if you miss it, you will hit a lofty mountain.
Welcome to Aoraki
In our Learning Space, we work in partnership with whānau and ākonga to prepare our Seniors for High School and beyond. We are here to support, guide and champion all students to be their best through providing tamariki with a variety of real world problem solving opportunities. Our strong mentoring praogramme creates 21st century leaders who reach great heights, just like the mountain we are named after.
Students in Aoraki will:
- Grow in confidence and self-awareness through our EOTC programmes such as camps, community projects and leadership responsibilities within our Kura.
- Learn how our brains work and develop an understanding of how a Growth Mindset can affect both our wellbeing and academic progress.
- Participate in physical challenges to foster connections and growth in both mind and body.
- Strengthen their individual self-belief and determination which will enable them to overcome obstacles and fulfil their potential.
- Engage in their learning through interactive, fun activites in Maths, Literacy and Technology.